Buying a system that provides built-in intelligence reduces both deployment time and total cost of ownership. This results in a program that aligns with proven best practices, industry standards, and governing regulations to exceed your program’s resiliency goals.
Why try to reinvent the wheel? Why spend your time building an untested, unproven solution? The smart answer is to embrace the built-in intelligence of a tested software product. Spend your valuable time elevating your Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery (BCDR) program instead. Unlike software that you build from scratch with your vendor over the course of months or years, ResilienceONE® from Strategic BCP® provides a Business Continuity Management (BCM) solution that is ready right out of the box and instantly provides users with the following:
- A quickly-deployed system that’s ready-to-use in days—not months or years.
- An inexpensive implementation that avoids the costly reliance on internal and external consultants to build and configure your system.
- A stable framework simplifies the maintenance, upgrade, and support processes.
- No reliance on third parties like Salesforce or Sharepoint that could limit your control and solution performance due to unsuccessful system updates or worse.
- An intelligent software package that doesn’t require that your team becomes proficient software developers or project managers.
- Proven pre-packaged content—with templates, analytics, workflows, and methodologies that let you quickly and easily deploy a best-practices BCM solution.
Strategic BCP’s pre-packaged content, workflows, and templates offer speed-to-value in the following ways:
- ResilienceONE assures a compliant BCDR program by synthesizing over 30 of the most-relevant regulations, standards, and best practices into more than 100 criteria that support program compliance.
- The built-in workflow streamlines approximately 40 business-continuity tasks based on 33 proven methodology templates—saving time and money by making your team as efficient as possible.
- The unique, award-winning Business Impact Analysis (BIA) offers an objective, formula-based approach to measure the impact over time of a disruption to critical business functions to guarantee successful BIA audits.
- Risk modeling allows you to review different resiliency strategies that reflect various risk tolerance options.
- NIMS ICS-compliant plan activation offers a methodology that has been vetted and proven successful by thousands of industry professionals.
- 555 reportable, configurable fields afford clients both flexibility and a safety net.
- Millions of report options allow you to analyze and make decisions on all of your BCDR data.
- A 161-step, vetted Crisis Management (CM) plan includes 21 CM policies and procedures that ensures that you are following a validated process during an emergency event.
Questions that clients should ask themselves when considering the options to build with a vendor or buy a ready-made system include:
- Does my staff have the time to build a software solution with a vendor?
- Does my staff have the skill set to build a software solution with a vendor?
- Do I want my solution to offer ROI and resiliency in a few weeks or in 6-18 months?
- Does my staff understand how to map our needs into the functional components of a software solution?
- Do I want to spend the extra time and money on a long implementation? (Gartner shows that Strategic BCP is free and other vendors’ implementations add 23% to the investment. Gartner also rates them #1 in sales execution and pricing. Source: Gartner MQ 2016)
- Can I risk asking for additional funding if we miss dates and need additional consulting from external and internal resources? (52.7% of projects cost 189% of their original estimates. Source: The Standish Group)
- Do I want to ask for additional funding for upgrades?
- Does my vendor’s implementation staff have the Business Continuity Planning (BCP) experience to turn my requirements into software functionality?
- Can I risk working with non-BCP-focused systems like Salesforce or SharePoint—since third-party upgrades could affect my critical functional areas.
- Is it easier, faster, cheaper, or safer to purchase a system built on the experience of professional BCM practitioners to meet existing standards, regulations, and best practices in my vertical? (Over 50% of all software development projects stall or fail. Source: Definity Partners.)
As you evaluate your legacy BCM software or Word/Excel approach, consider the benefits of implementing ResilienceONE’s built-in intelligence versus a customized software development project that you build with your vendor.